Monday 15 September 2014

Pouch number three

Did I mention that making these is highly addictive?

This time I have used a bunch of my favourite reproduction fabric blues that have been in the stash.  The EPP papers are recycled. Can you guess which quilt they are from?


Anyone who has made this quilt will know those shapes straight away - yep - they are from the Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses . That was mine, completed in 2013:


And here is a block close up so you can see the EPP shapes:


I have used one or two of the fabrics in the pouch too - pieced together with some 1 inch squares:


Then appliqued onto a backing and quilted into a mini quilt:



Then made into a pouch ( see previous post for method from Quilters Companion magazine ). I especially love the floral fabric popped in for a surprise lining - an old Mary Koval line. 


So then there were 3 pouches, and 3 stars too. The Christmas gift pile is looking well and truly "started" now. Mind you....I think I might just keep that blue one...a little self-gift?


Back to the big quilts. 
I won't be posting more pictures of my neutral Auntie Green for a while. I realise that my DD is looking at this blog occasionally and it is a gift for her wedding (next year). I'd like to keep some element of surprise. But I will post pictures once it has been gifted. 

Ann Randoll is progressing - oh so slowly - on this last applique and hexagon garden bed border. I have attached two borders and love the look of it. 

I think this will be the last border for me - though the original antique coverlet has another large pieced one to follow. I quite like the look of this garden bed as an outer border - with just a thin brown binding to blend in with the saw tooth edge. Could be good?

Once it is finished I have a new quilt on the boil..not started, but just in the exciting planning stages. 

17 comments:

  1. Your new pouch look great.
    Your POTC quilt is wonderful.

    Have a nice week, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Lucy Boston quilt is beautiful, I'm also adicted to this wonderfull blocks, thank you for showing them.

    Greets from Ria (The Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great when you find a pattern you can use over and over. Your pouches look like a fun project. I can't wait to see the finished wedding quilt, what you have already done looks so good. I also can't wait to see your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your AR is beautiful as is your Lucy Boston. You have such a wonderful way with colour and print and that makes for some spectacular blocks. Those little pouches are just so pretty and I agree that you should keep one for yourself, the blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dark brown in a quilt and your last looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to keep the wedding quilt a surprise, and a delight your DD checks your blog :-)
    Love your small projects - very creative and also useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous pouch! I don't think I could part with it either. You will enjoy using it :0) I will miss seeing progress on your Auntie Green - it's so soft and pretty looking. The final reveal will be incredible!! The border is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Ann Randoll is just amazing. I do love that quilt! Great little pouches you're making too. Very special for gifting. Just don't let anyone choose--there might be a war involved.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your POTC quilt is wonderful and so inspiring. I am a newbie when it comes to these blocks and hope to someday finish my own version of this quilt.

    The Ann Randall quilt in progress looks stunning as well.

    Your pouches are lovely. The use of the EPP shapes is very creative.

    Amazing work. I am so happy to have found you via bloglovin' today ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pouches. Love the Ann Randall quilt. I enjoy seeing what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes keep the blue one! They are darling :)
    The Lucy Boston quilt is lovely...I never tire of looking at them.
    Your work is inspiring, period! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do such lovely work. The pouch is so cute and you've done three already! Nice!
    You are making steady progress with your AR quilt. Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is so beautiful Hilda. The little pouches are so sweet. I think if you've had enough, then enough is enough! A little brown binding would finish off the quilt nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always such a treat to visit your blog, and yes - you deserve to treat yourself by keeping the blue pouch! Lovely to see your POTC, this is on my never ending one day list. Sorry that we won't see AG for awhile but you certainly have the best excuse :). Love the clamshell and appliqué borders on Ann Randoll, you will know when enough is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love the blue pouch! You really should keep it, in case you use up all those fabrics on something else ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so hard to keep surprises under wraps isn't it! We will just have to wait for your final showing! Dear little pouches and your Lucy Boston quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete