Sunday 9 December 2012

Some progress and some excuses...

Progress on the Baltimore Album has been slow. This is Block 14 so far:

Some leaves just pinned and some to come
Now for some excuses for the slow progress. 
  • I have finished a new applique project but, due to it being a top secret gift, I can only show a snippet at the moment (sorry it is very grainy due ? to zooming in ): 


Big hint ... It is a pattern of Michele Hill and features in the Australian Quilters Companion No 57. All will be revealed in the New Year. 


  • There has also been a lot of this happening - intense time of year in the garden...


Snaps of my spring garden 

  • Have had a great time at two days of  Gingerbread House baking lessons, with my daughter. Just look at the wonderful 'Aussie' gingerbread house she created! Can you smell that ginger..so yummy?


I made a much less skilled attempt at a snowy-church-style-cobbled-together-house. It did a somersault or two in the boot of the car on the way home from the class ...oops... but still tastes and smells delicious all squashed up and broken!


11 comments:

  1. of course I can't wait to see that whole quilt! hope you will share it when it comes out as we may not be able to find it here in the USA.
    your garden looks beautiful.
    the block is coming along nicely, love that blue in there...
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your secret project looks like wool! I bet it is beautiful.
    Sorry to hear your gingerbread house took a tumble. It sounds like a lot of fun.
    Your garden is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Baltimore block and you've really inspired me.

    I'd never heard of them before, and it's something that I'm certainly going to look into making next year.

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks fabulous!! I look forward to seeing a full reveal. Enjoy your gingerbread :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting for the reveal. Looks like it is going to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun to see what you are up to. Your garden is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty projects. Looking forward to the big reveal in 2013.
    Your garden looks beautiful - WOW!
    Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the pictures of your garden. It looks lovely. It suddenly occured to me that we, in the northern hemisphere, prepare for Christmas with our gardens dormant and usually under the snow. You in the southern hemisphere have yard work to do as well as Christmas preparations. My hat goes off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your latest Baltimore block is suitably Christmassy looking!! And your secret project looks lovely. Your garden is looking great - I wish I could say the same about mine!! Shame about your own gingerbread house but it possibly meant you got to enjoy it sooner than expected!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comment on my blog! Perhaps we should swap - you get some rain, and I get some gardening. My new Christmas Rose appears to be drowning....
    I love your Baltimore block. I have started following you so I can see the progress. Now I can spend some time browsing your blog!
    Have a wonderful Christmas, even if it's hot...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your Gingerbread House doing somersaults but I must say the image of it made me laugh! My daughter (20) was given a gingerbread house kit for xmas and made a "cobbled together" version too! It didn't taste very good and it was stale...came pre-baked in pieces in the kit but it was a bit of fun. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete